Subject: Re: What happened to the good ntop?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 23:59:42
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> It looks like the curses-based version is at
> pkgsrc/net/ntop1

Thank you!  I don't know how I missed that.

Does pkgsrc have any policy about warning people about applications
that might do unexpected things?  For example, use something like
LICENSE=phones-home-by-default, and make people explicitly agree
to that before installing the pkg.  I have also wanted things like
LICENSE=closed-source-binary-package, so that I would get a warning when
building any package that doesn't come with source code.

--apb (Alan Barrett)