Subject: gdal, openscenegraph
To: None <,>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 13:57:28

I've had the need to create a package for OpenSceneGraph, which itselfs
seems to require gdal.  I picked up gdal from pkgsrc-wip with minor
modifications, then used that to build OpenSceneGraph.

The pkgsrc files can be found at

For OpenSceneGraph, the package probably still needs a fair bit of work
before it should be imported, in particular work for other platforms.

One way of dealing with all the platforms we support might be to create
a 'pkgsrc' category instead of checking for all the different OPSYSs in

I'm posting this here to see if somebody else has time to work on this
-- at the moment, my time's sparse, but OpenSceneGraph seems like a
decent enough application to get into pkgsrc soon.

On the other hand, I could just import these two packages as they are
and then we can fix other platforms as the need arises or as we go
along... ?

I'm not on the wip lists, nor do I have a wip-account.  If somebody
wants to just take my modifications to gdal and the new openscenegrap
package and put them into wip, please feel free to do so.

'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)