Subject: pkgsrc subversion upgrade problems?
To: None <>
From: Urban Boquist <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 18:53:36
Hi Eric,

my apologies for mailing you directly like this, but I am in a little
bit of a panic after upgrading subversion on an "almost production"
machine, and now I can't get it to work with the old repositories. :-(

Any hint would be greatly appreciated!

After upgrading all packages on the machine I first got this:

 [...] Unknown FS type 'bdb'

Some googling found this mail from you:

So I added "PKG_OPTIONS.apr+=db4" to /etc/mk.conf, rebuilt "apr" and
"subversion-base". But now I get this instead:

lan-gw$ svnlook info svn.old
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem svn.old/db:
DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch
svn: bdb: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version
lan-gw$ svnlook info svn

2005-03-24 18:21:03 +0100 (Thu, 24 Mar 2005)

Here "svn.old" is my old repository, with all data in it and "svn" is
an empty one that I just created.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

     -- Urban