Subject: Re: xorg-libs buildlink doesn't copy libraries [DragonFly]
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.nopcode.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 09:59:46
On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 22:57 +0100, Juan RP wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:48:08 -0800 (PST)
> "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
>
> > Yes, the new Darwin support made PLIST_SRC get defined, so the
> > mk/bsd.pkg.mk code to set PLIST_SRC was skipped.
> >
> > This should be reverted to use the mk/bsd.pkg.mk code for this.
> > Because now an additional PLIST.OPSYS.MACHINE_ARCH will be skipped too.
>
> We should use dynamic PLIST creation for the xorg packages, and
> the problems will go away (Kouichirou Hiratsuka is working on it).

No, I don't think so.  Doing that will probably hide real problems in
the packages and will make them more difficult to track (although it
may seem to "solve all the problems" at the first sight).

IMO, the XOrg build (as well as the XFree86 one) should be tweaked so
that it installed the same set of each files no matter in which system
it was built.

There might be problems with some system specific libraries, but that's
fine.  These can go to PLIST.${OPSYS} files without much problem.

What I'm referring to is to remove the different manual page extensions,
different library suffixes, different location for stuff, etc.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/