Subject: Re: NO_MTREE and chmod in pkg_add and bulk builds
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 08:23:14
* On 2005-03-24 at 03:53 GMT, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I am running as non-root and I don't want it to create the directories
> since I have thousands of lines like:
>         user (0, 1002, not modified: Operation not permitted)
>         gid (0, 1002, not modified: Operation not permitted)

I use for
my Solaris non-root bulk builds, along with other mk.conf additions
which I've added over time (Hubert presented a paper at the last
pkgsrcCon which, I believe, has a suitable mk.conf for non-root

After Easter I'll look to putting together some kind of an official
patch for discussion, as it's about time we had some way of setting
PKGSRC_UNPRIV=YES or something and having everything just work.

Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project