Subject: Re: xorg-libs buildlink doesn't copy libraries [DragonFly]
To: None <>
From: Todd Willey <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/2005 21:33:49
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:12:48 +0000, Todd Willey <> wrote:
> I'm seeing a problem related to the xorg-libs buildlink process when
> building xorg-server.  The following is a list of libraries that are
> installed in /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/ but are not copied over to
> work/.buildlink/lib.  I coppied them over one at a time as the build
> failed and it continued without a problem.
> [snip]
> My question is, why are these files not being copied over?
> -todd[1]

I've tracked the problem down a bit more.  The correct packaging list
isn't specified, and PLIST.DragonFly is ignored.  This means that
`pkg_info -f xorg-libs` does't report all the files to the buildlink
process, since the correct PLIST isn't generated when it is installed.

client-241# bmake show-var VARNAME=OPSYS

client-241# pwd

client-241# bmake show-var VARNAME=PLIST_SRC

Isn't PLIST.${OPSYS} automagically included in the build process?