Subject: Re: Threading problems
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/22/2005 16:17:23
--Y46ssxGX9/CNNfN6

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:11:44PM -0500, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> That will add in -lpthread to the program, yes. Do you know what
> module is causing the problem? I have a suspicion that a lot of the
> problems with this are modules that are inappropriately linked against
> libpthread in the first place.

I would guess plperl or plpython, if you have them and a threaded
version of the relevant interpreter installed.

There's active work in pkgsrc right now to address this issue, though
I haven't been following it closely; perhaps someone else can comment
in more detail.  In the meantime, please check for this, and perhaps
try rebuilding the relevant pkg's from -current pkgsrc?

--
Dan.

--Y46ssxGX9/CNNfN6

--Y46ssxGX9/CNNfN6--