Subject: Re: Some package moves and new categories
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/20/2005 16:27:14
On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 16:05 +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I'd prefer to have the themes for gqmpeg besides the main package.
> When someone looks, he should see immediately what "other" pkgs there are,
> which is not the case if you move them somewhere else - people may never
> know that there _is_ a theme pack for a package.

That reminds me of the "RECOMMENDED" proposal to suggest the user of
other packages of interest...

Anyway, there might be some exceptions, as you said.  But there are some
other packages which could be perfectly put there, as they are very
"generic" and are already pulled up as a dependency when needed by some
meta package.  E.g.:

graphics/gnome-pixmaps
graphics/gnome2-pixmaps
graphics/gnome-icon-theme