Subject: Re: alternates framework question
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/20/2005 14:01:03
On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 13:49 +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > Yes, these problems could be solved.  But they'd also be with syspkgs,
> > if we had them ready.  I.e., you'd simply have to remove the "extra"
> > packages from the base system and install the replacements you wanted
> > from pkgsrc.
>
> IC... but that would need pkgsrc to suddenly move things out of /usr/pkg?

I don't think so.  I hope that any of these programs could be used from
anywhere they were installed into.

For example, if you remove postfix (and sendmail) from the base system,
you wouldn't have any mail-related programs in /bin nor in /usr/bin.
So, if you later installed postfix from pkgsrc, you'd have the binaries
living somewhere under /usr/pkg, but that'd be OK.

In this case, I guess we'd mark sendmail and postfix as conflicting
(from syspkgs), and remove mailwrapper altogether.

Isn't it?

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/