Subject: Re: cross/i386-linux and 2.0
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/18/2005 04:23:34
In article <Pine.LNX.4.60.0503161513420.23252@dart>,
	David Price <dprice@cs.nmsu.edu> writes:
> Hello,
>  	I have a package which depends on the cross/i386-linux package.
> The i386-linux package doesnt work under 2.0, and I was wondering what the
> status of this package is.
>  	I have been working on trying to fix it myself, but I have not
> succeeded so far.  The egcs-1.1.1/gcc/xgcc compiler fails executable
> creation tests during the configuration step in egcs-1.1.1/i386-linux.

That package is way too old. You can cross build to linux from NetBSD/i386
using emulators/suse_devel. Unfortunately, that one's a little out of date,
too. We really need an "suse91_devel" (and suse91_slang, and a few others).

I'm curious -- just what sort of package requires a linux cross-compiler?

Frederick