Subject: Re: PLIST_SRC vs PKG_OPTIONS
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2005 09:51:47
--------------enig836C0D75B0ECA2E223CB0888

Jeff Rizzo wrote:

>I'm trying to fix up some things in the Asterisk package I've been
>working on, so that I can bring it in once the freeze is over, but I'm
>bumping my head against something I can't figure out... getting the
>PLIST right when an option is enabled.

<snip>

>Everything seems to work OK when PKG_OPTIONS.asterisk=zaptel *except*
>that the PLIST doesn't include the stuff from PLIST.zaptel.  It contains
>all the other bits (PLIST.common, PLIST.NetBSD, PLIST.common_end),
>though, so I'm confused.  :/   Also, if I add a "foo:" target to the
>Makefile that just echos ${PLIST_SRC} and does a cat ${PLIST_SRC}, it
>seems to work OK...
>
>Clearly, I'm missing something.  Anyone have an idea _what_?

As usual, shortly after publically humiliating myself, I figure out
what's wrong.  :-)

Looks like setting PKG_OPTIONS.asterisk=zaptel in the environment isn't
carried over to the install target when running 'make install' as
non-root, then providing the pw to 'su'.  If I build natively as root
with it in the env (or, I assume, put it in /etc/mk.conf) it works as
expected.

Sorry for the noise...

+j