Subject: mkisofs file size limit
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brad du Plessis <bduplessis@commissionaires.ab.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2005 19:46:21
Hi,

I've got an application where I need to write a file of size >2Gb to a DVD
(ISO file system). When I attempt to write such a file, I get an error from
mkisofs saying that the file is too large. Scratching through the mkisofs
code (cdrtools-2.0) I found the following check:

-- snip --
 /*
  * >= is required by the large file summit standard.
  */
if (S_ISREG(lstatbuf.st_mode) && (lstatbuf.st_size >= (off_t)0x7FFFFFFF)) {
  fprintf(stderr,
   "File %s is too large (errno = %d) - ignoring\n",
   whole_path, errno);
  return 0;
 }
-- snip --

Is there any way I can get round the file size limit of 0x7FFFFFFF?
What determines this limit?

Thanks,
 Brad