Subject: Re: net/ORBit: question regarding Makefile variable
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2005 18:16:02
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 18:08 +0100, Georg Schwarz wrote:
> > > I already did; and in fact I first thought that it was this patch's fault,
> > > but after investigating more closely I think the patch is correct, because
> > > ORBIT_HAVE_ALLOCA_H is supposed to be either 0 or 1.
> >
> > No, it's not.  It's supposed to be defined or undefined, according to
> > the semantics of the config.h file.
>
> OK, that would be nice, but that's found in the Makefiles.

That's only a side effect of AC_SUBST.  When analyzing what's going on,
you sould only look at Makefile.am files, not the Makefile.in ones, and
as you can see, none of them refers to that variable.

They want the 0/1 value to be replaced in
src/ORBitutil/orbit-os-config.h.in, and that's why they do the AC_SUBST
thing.

> > > Does ORBIT_HAVE_ALLOCA_H equal 0 or 1 on NetBSD?
> >
> > It should be 1, but actually is 0 because alloca.h does not exist.
>
> If it does not exist (and thus cannot be included), then why should it be 1?

Hmm sorry, I misunderstood that.  I was assuming it referred to a
working alloca() function, not the header file.  Then yes, 0 is correct.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/