Subject: Re: Framework for identifying the job of patches is missing
To: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2005 17:56:14
Roland Illig wrote:

> I just added a check to pkglint that checks for a comment in every patch
> file. Currently it emits 17500 new warnings for uncommented patches.
>
> Should I commit this change (after the freeze)?

Yuck.  I don't think that the patches are worth documenting.  99% of the
patches are of the "make this build on ${OPSYS}" variety, and all of the
information is in the cvs log.  Most of the patches that do the weird or
interesting stuff already have documentation inline within the patch.
I'd rather not duplicate it at the top of every patch.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>