Subject: Re: How to set LANG in misc/openoffice?
To: Nuno Teixeira <nu@nunotex.freeshell.org>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2005 20:51:30
Hello,

[You chose the wrong list -- in NetBSD terminology (unlike FreeBSD),
 "port" refers to support for given *hardware platform*, not a software
 package. One of tech-pkg or netbsd-help mailing lists would be
 appropriate. Thus I'm moving this from netbsd-ports to tech-pkg.]

> I'm portuguese and I use LANG=pt_PT.ISO8859-15 for my country code with
> success on 2.0.
>
> I've installed misc/openoffice from pkgsrc current but the result is in
> english. I was thinking that package detects my LANG variable but it
> don't.
>
> Makefile.i18n says:
>
> .elif ${PKG_LANG:C/_.*//} == "portuguese"
> OPENOFFICE_ISOCODE=     pt
> OPENOFFICE_LANG=        portuguese
> OPENOFFICE_LANGCODE=    03
>
> How to set "portuguese"? Should I need to use something like `make
> package OPENOFFICE_LANG=portuguese` ?

I'd guess you need to put PKG_LANG=portuguese into your /etc/mk.conf.

> I've read nls manpage and I think that my LANG setting is correct
> because it use the same syntax as LC_* vars.

Yes, it is. But you really want to set a make variable to affect Pkgsrc
(some make variable happen to live in the environment, too, but generally
/etc/mk.conf is a better place for them).

	Regards,
		-- Jachym Holecek