Subject: Re: how to deal with USE_INET6 and BUILD_DEFS?
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@xtrmntr.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/07/2005 17:50:32
In article <20050307163630.GE9090@Xtrmntr.org> Lubomir wrote:
: On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:41:49PM +0100, Georg Schwarz wrote:
: > USE_INET6 can be either YES or NO (so for clarity I here will refer to
: > it as "switch").  If the way a package gets compiled depends on the
: > setting of a switch, should that switch (not its setting!) then be
: > listed in BUILD_DEFS?  My understanding is yes, and it is to added
: > independently of the setting of that respective switch.

: BUILD_DEFS is a string containing definitions the package was built
: with.  having USE_INET6 in BUILD_DEFS while the package was built
: without IPv6 support is bogus and wrong.

  That is not quite correct: BUILD_DEFS is a list of variables, whose
values influence the build.  Their values will be included in
+BUILD_INFO.  So I think Georg is right.

  However, I seem to recall that we are trying to move away from
USE_IENT6 to PKG_OPTIONS inet6.

						yours,
						dillo