Subject: Re: gnome and www/libgtkhtml
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/07/2005 00:57:33
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:14:40 +0100
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, not this way.
>
> What will happen when somebody has libgtkhtml built w/o gnome support
> and a gnome package needs libgtkhtml w/ gnome?  Build "mysteriously"
> broken, because you can't differentiate between both.  Not to say that
> binary-only users won't have a choice.
>
> If that needs to be done, a separate package must be created (say
> libgtkhtml-nognome) or something similar.

Well, I really don't care about setting a global option in my mk.conf to avoid
gnome. Gnome is now default in pkgsrc (all people loves gnome), but I would like
an easy way to avoid it.

Every time I do an upgrade on my sources, I've to replace the configuration on
the gnome-enabled packages (gimp, gimageview, etc.) then restore.

I think it is good to make life easier to newcomers, but a choice is fine too for
the people that doesn't want the add-on.