Subject: Re: Changing from /var/db/pkg
To: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2005 16:36:57
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Jachym Holecek wrote:

> Just one thing -- some scripts under /var/db/pkg/*/ hardcode the value
> of LOCALBASE. Would this be a problem if the directory is NFS-shared
> between multiple hosts, each of them having different LOCALBASE setting?

It depends on how you're sharing. If all machines use the same path, or
you do updates only on machines that use the localbase path, you're fine.
Otherwise you have a problem.

But that problem is pretty easily fixed by changing the scripts not to
hardcode localbase, but to get it from $0. (I'm always using constructions
such as "BASE=$(cd $(dirname $0)/../..; /bin/pwd)".

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
      Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA