Subject: teTeX3 status
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2005 02:36:42
I'm not sure I'll find the time to import teTeX3 before we branch.

If anyone is desperate, feel free to grab the latest snapshot[1] and play
with it. I *think* I've tested all the tex-* pkgs in pkgsrc (and some in
pkgsrc-wip) and made sure they work with both teTeX2 and teTeX3. I haven't
tested any of the pkgs that pull in TeX via some depends.

The idea for migration would be to import the teTeX3 pkgs as such
(teTeX3-bin teTeX3-texmf teTeX3-texmfsrc), and then adjust the teTeX
package to pull in all the teTeX3 pkgs when things are known to work.
Feedback on that would be very welcome.

If someone wants to commit the pkgs and take this over, I wouldn't mind at
all.

  - Hubert

[1] http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/teTeX3.tgz

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)