Subject: Re: pkg_select's sysinst integration
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2005 10:58:22
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, grant beattie wrote:
>> 	trying PKG_PATH /home/cvs/pkgsrc/(null)/packages/2.0/i386/All
>>                                          ^^^^^^
>
> in-line with /pub/pkgsrc, these paths should be
>
> 	OPSYS-OS_VERISON/MACHINE_ARCH
>
> (or MACHINE in the case of NetBSD I guess).
>
> consistency good :)

Er, no.

I vote for it being in line with pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt's Appendix, which
is a bit different (and in contrast to /pub/pkgsrc is documented).
After all, this is to slurp packages for _NetBSD_ Grant.

Let's not start this nonsense again. :(

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)