Subject: Re: bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint and Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Eric Boutilier <Eric.Boutilier@Sun.COM>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/2005 14:38:17
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Building new package openssl-0.9.7enb1 did not set OPENSSL_FIPS and it did
> not install bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint as listed in Makefile.common.
>
> I don't know openssl_fips_fingerprint. Is it supposed to be installed on
> SunOS on sparc?
>
> (I blind carbon-copied this to Grant: I saw your update to
> openssl/patches/patch-ac included some fips Configure changes and you
> mentioned SunPro but on x86.)
>
> Jeremy C. Reed
>
> 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
> 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/

Just wanted to check on the status of this... Is there a PR for
it? I searched but couldn't find one.

When I "make package" for security/openssl on Solaris 10 x86,
I get this error report at the end. It looks like the build is
correctly excluding openssl_fips_fingerprint, but that pkg_create
incorrectly expects it to be there(?)

Eric

Installing files needed by openssl-0.9.7enb1:

          /usr/pkg/etc/openssl/openssl.cnf
              [/usr/pkg/share/examples/openssl/openssl.cnf]

===> [Automatic ELF shared object handling]
/usr/pkg/bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint: No such file or directory
===> Registering installation for openssl-0.9.7enb1
pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkg/bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint'
===> Packaging openssl-0.9.7enb1
===> Building binary package for openssl-0.9.7enb1
pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkg/bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint'
tar: Unable to access bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint (No such file or directory)
tar: WARNING! These file names were not selected:
bin/openssl_fips_fingerprint
pkg_create: /usr/pkg/bin/tar command failed with code 256
Creating package /pkgsrc/packages/All/openssl-0.9.7enb1.tgz
Using SrcDir value of /usr/pkg
Registering depends:.
Registering conflicts: SSLeay-[0-9]* ssleay-[0-9]*.
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /pkgsrc/security/openssl
*** Error code 1