Subject: Re: Strange 1.6.2 problem
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/2005 11:06:33
--0/kgSOzhNoDC5T3a

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:26:12AM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> > >so which version of bsd.pkg.mk do you think you were using?
> >=20
> > 1.1595. The alg line that you say was in 1.1593 is also in the fetch=20
> > macro, which is where it was getting called.
>=20
> Ah, my apologies, you are right. I have been concentrating on the invocat=
ion
> in the checksum target, and not in the failover fetch case.

I'm seeing a similar issue on Solaris since this change. it only
happens when comparing checksums of a dependency, not of the package
itself, however:

=3D> Attempting to fetch glib-2.6.2.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.fi.NetBSD.org/p=
ub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/.
=3D> [2343753 bytes]
Requesting http://ftp.fi.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/glib-2.6.=
2.tar.bz2
2343753 bytes retrieved in 01:14 (30.92 KB/s)
RMD160
*** Error code 1

this was the glib2 fetch as a dependency of libIDL. the same happened
with libIDL itself as a dependency of Firefox.

if I run bmake in glib2's directory, the checksum compares fine.

the entire pkgsrc tree is up-to-date as of right now, and I have:

#       $NetBSD: bsd.pkg.mk,v 1.1596 2005/02/27 22:10:25 veego Exp $

I haven't had a chance to dig into this any further, but there is
definitely something wrong with pkgsrc since this change.

grant.

--0/kgSOzhNoDC5T3a

--0/kgSOzhNoDC5T3a--