Subject: Re: Problem with xcdroast and KDE3.3
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Gianmaria De Tommasi <elrdet@tin.it>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/2005 00:40:24
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>You probably still need to rebuild and reinstall the pkgsrc/x11/gtk2
>package.

I have done it but I don't have the xpm package on my machine
I'm trying do download it but it seems that there is no precompiled
package on the netbsd site, neither I'm able to found the sources...
Maybe I have to read more the manuals :o)

>>>I am curious: how did you install your gtk2+ package after you rebuilt
>>>and reinstalled glib2?
>>>

>>I will warn you...I'm a rookie and these are my first experiences with a
>>*BSD system... how did I have installed the package? Simply: pkg_add -u
>>glib2...
>>

>So you have one build system and another system running the packages (or
>similar). I also used pkg_add -u and that is how I noticed the problem.
>
>I am assuming you will need to rebuild all your packages that needed
>glib2. (I had to do that also.)
>
>Where did you get your original packages? Did you build them from some old
>pkgsrc? Download? Old CD?

First I have installed NetBSD + KDEbase from a CD that I bought with a
magazine, then I've downloaded the "package/All" dir from the netbsd ftp
site and a start to update the previous packages and to install new ones

--
Ing. Gianmaria De Tommasi
Cell: (+39) 339-1447412