Subject: Re: Problem with xcdroast and KDE3.3
To: Gianmaria De Tommasi <elrdet@tin.it>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/01/2005 15:49:02
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Gianmaria De Tommasi wrote:

> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> >You probably still need to rebuild and reinstall the pkgsrc/x11/gtk2
> >package.
> >

> I have done it but I don't have the xpm package on my machine
> I'm trying do download it but it seems that there is no precompiled
> package on the netbsd site, neither I'm able to found the sources...
> Maybe I have to read more the manuals :o)

Xpm should already be included with your X11 Windowing System (such as
XFree86 or X.org).

It is also available via pkgsrc at graphics/xpm.

> First I have installed NetBSD + KDEbase from a CD that I bought with a
> magazine, then I've downloaded the "package/All" dir from the netbsd ftp
> site and a start to update the previous packages and to install new ones

I am glad you are trying NetBSD! Somehow you have a mix-and-match of
packages. This should not happen. But it did.

You may want to update your pkgsrc directory.
Maybe look at
http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-cvs.html#chap-cvs-fetch-pkgsrc

Then try again rebuilding your devel/glib2 and x11/gtk2 and others as
needed.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/