Subject: thttpd pkgsrc
To: None <mike@ethmoid.org, zen@zenlinux.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Lundy <jbl_nyc@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2005 21:53:53
Hi,

I installed thttpd from pkgsrc and tried to serve up
some 500MB ISO files. Turns out thttpd by default
tries to load files in ram before serving them, unless
you apply Alfred Perlstein's USE_SENDFILE patch.

I took a look at the FreeBSD port which includes the
USE_SENDFILE patch and adapted it to work with the
latest thttpd port from pkgsrc in NetBSD. Snag it
here:

http://www.subterrain.net/~jbl/netbsd/thttpd-sendfile.tgz

It works great BTW. Serves the isos up quite nicely. I
should note that FreeBSD applies the sendfile patch to
thttpd by default now (as of 5.3).

I think this is something we should consider adding as
an option at least, or as a default. Thoughts?

Werd,
-Justin
http://www.subterrain.net/~jbl/