Subject: Re: mail/postfix build: HAS_DB redefined
To: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2005.salmi.ch>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2005 11:34:14
Jukka Salmi wrote:
> Johnny Lam --> tech-pkg (2005-02-28 10:44:38 -0500):
>
>>Jukka Salmi wrote:
>>
>>>While building mail/postfix from current pkgsrc on a NetBSD 2.0_STABLE
>>>i386 system, a message like the following is printed every time sys_defs.h
>>>is included:
>>>
>>>cc [...] -DHAS_DB [...] -c verify.c
>>>In file included from verify.c:166:
>>>../../include/sys_defs.h:42:1: warning: "HAS_DB" redefined
>>><command line>:14:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
>>>definition
>
> [...]
>
>>This is a harmless warning that can be ignored.
>

> Sure. I just wonder why options.mk sets CCARGS to explicitly contain
> -DHAS_DB...

On some platforms, HAS_DB isn't defined, but the pkgsrc postfix will
always build support for a Berkeley DB map type, so we forcibly define
it on the commandline.  This is more a deficiency in the postfix sources
than anything else, but since the redefinition is harmless, it's not
worth modifying the sources to suppress the warning.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>