Subject: Re: pkg_delete ALL how to do this pls?
To: grant beattie <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2005 14:06:09
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, grant beattie wrote:
>>> rm -rf /usr/pkg /var/db/pkg*
>> These are sledgehammer methods that ask for more trouble than they are
>> worth.
> huh?
> on the contrary, it's the _only_ way that guarantees a clean slate.

Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "clean".
For me, it's all pkg(src|binary)-installed files, i.e. that won't catch:

 	wl3403% pi -Fq | grep -v /usr/pkg
 	file: /var/dict/canna/canna/bushu.cld pkg: Canna-dict-3.6pl4
 	file: /var/dict/canna/canna/chimei.ctd pkg: Canna-dict-3.6pl4

  - Hubert

NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)