Subject: Re: pkg_delete ALL how to do this pls?
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2005 20:33:33
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:10:46PM +0500, Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> >huh?
> >
> >on the contrary, it's the _only_ way that guarantees a clean slate.
>=20
> This is a complete destruction including all user config files in=20
> /usr/pkg/etc. Sometimes there are many files. Yes, i know i must back up=
=20
> 'em prior rm -rf.. etc. But at some bad day i'll forget it [of course]..=
=20
> On the other hand, pkg_delete guarantees that relevant config files will=
=20
> be preserved [samba, apache, squid, etc]. I don't want to play Russian=20
> roulette with rm -rf when it's much safer to use pkg_delete :)

the problem is that often there are many files leftover, and I don't
consider that a "clean slate".

I point PKG_SYSCONFBASE=3D/etc/pkg so that my config files are completely
separate, and always local to each system, regardless of whether
/usr/pkg is local or remote.

but each to their own, of course. :)

grant.