Subject: scons and pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2005 02:45:58
--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

Dear folks,

in my efford to upgrade pkgsrc/graphics/blender to version 2.36 to be able
to try out the `game engine' i stumbled on the fact that blender decided to
go to the `scons' configuring system.

I am new to `scons' but it looks like one needs to add an entry to the file
for each operatingsystem environment. Since pkgsrc is running on multiple
machines and architectures i guess its nessisary to replace the
`SConstruct' file by a pkgsrc-buildlink aware one?

Anyone willing to give me some advice as how to handle this kind of
configuration? any example packages around?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Reinoud

P.S. I am NOT subscribed to this list

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0