Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/p5-Apache-Session-Wrapper
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2005 18:03:28
Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 03:24:35PM -0500, Johnny Lam wrote:
>
>>I had a chance to take a look at the guts of Build::Module today.  It
>>actually just uses ExtUtils::Install to install the files, so there's no
>>reason why it can't generate the .packlist for us.  I'll look tonight
>>and see if there's a nice way to add the .packlist generation without
>>breaking the Module::Build API.  That way, we don't have to create
>>PLISTs for all of those perl modules that use Module::Build.
>

> Many people, including the Module::Build authors, would
> appreciate that. It's even in their TODO.

Okay, I've modified Module::Build to write a .packlist in the same
location that MakeMaker wrote them.  We can use dynamic PLISTs for all
Perl modules built using Module::Build or MakeMaker.  The right way to
make a package that uses Module::Build is:

-----
DISTNAME=	Module-Name-0.1

PERL5_MODULE_TYPE=	Module::Build
PERL5_PACKLIST=		${PERL5_SITEARCH}/auto/Module/Name/.packlist

.include "../../lang/perl5/module.mk
.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"
-----

There are no changes necessary for packages that use MakeMaker.  I'll
attempt to feed back the patch to the Module::Build folks.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>