Subject: Re: Adding extra directories to pkgsrc
To: None <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2005 09:16:57
> From: "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@NetBSD.org>
>
> On 24 Feb 2005 08:48:49 -0500
> Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:
> > I agree.  .cvsignore files are also problematic when someone imports
> > checkouts from NetBSD into another repository.   I'd like to see the
> > NetBSD sources be completely free of them.
>
> How would you handle distfiles?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  I do a 'cvs checkout' of the
tree, and then do a 'cvs import -d -ko -I \! -I CVS netbsd netbsd
netbsd-yyyymmdd'.  So there are never any distfiles in my imported
tree, or any .os or anything else.

I actually put distfiles outside of pkgsrc and symlink it.  Probably I
should use a mk.conf variable instead.

> > Can't people who would like this behavior create a .cvsignore
> > file locally?
>
> That would just create a '? .cvsignore' output line.

Sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't ignore the .cvsignore from within
itself.

What I do is (manually) put

D/wip////

in /usr/pkgsrc/CVS/Entries, and this causes cvs to descend into wip on
cvs update, and it correctly uses the new CVSROOT.