Subject: Re: Xaw3d - wrong compiler flags on Solaris w gcc
To: Malte Dehling <mdehling@math.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2005 07:47:34
* On 2005-02-24 at 04:15 GMT, Malte Dehling wrote:

> I might come up with a fix/patch for these problems, but I dont
> really know where to start, so I will read some docs/pkgsrc
> stuff/etc first. Shouldnt be too hard I think.

That'd be great.  We're happy to help if you have any issues with
creating patches for these packages.  The pkgsrc guide has some good
documentation on how to create patches.

> btw: Is this the correct list for problems with pkgsrc/solaris ?

Usually when you have worked on a fix for a package, it's best to
use send-pr to submit the fix to our bug tracking database.  If you
don't run NetBSD, you can use the online webform.

    http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd

If there are lots of patches, it's sometimes easier to put them up on
a website you own, then link the URL into the PR.  There are a few of
us who work on pkgsrc/Solaris and we'll hopefully incorporate your
fixes quickly.

Many thanks for working on this.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/