Subject: Re: Xaw3d - wrong compiler flags on Solaris w gcc
To: Malte Dehling <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2005 07:47:34
* On 2005-02-24 at 04:15 GMT, Malte Dehling wrote:

> I might come up with a fix/patch for these problems, but I dont
> really know where to start, so I will read some docs/pkgsrc
> stuff/etc first. Shouldnt be too hard I think.

That'd be great.  We're happy to help if you have any issues with
creating patches for these packages.  The pkgsrc guide has some good
documentation on how to create patches.

> btw: Is this the correct list for problems with pkgsrc/solaris ?

Usually when you have worked on a fix for a package, it's best to
use send-pr to submit the fix to our bug tracking database.  If you
don't run NetBSD, you can use the online webform.

If there are lots of patches, it's sometimes easier to put them up on
a website you own, then link the URL into the PR.  There are a few of
us who work on pkgsrc/Solaris and we'll hopefully incorporate your
fixes quickly.

Many thanks for working on this.

Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project