Subject: Re: GCC 3 dousn't build on Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.feb.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/2005 00:38:56
Michael Vergallen wrote:

> While building a native compiler on Solaris 2.8 with the pkgsrc tree I run
> into a error while building gcc3-java. I will send you anything you require
> when you tell me what is required . It built the c, c++, F77 compilers
> without a hitch so I'm wondering if it is the makefile that is at fault or
> something else that makes it impossible to build gcc3 on solaris. I have

I just encountered a problem with the java part of lang/gcc34. Obviously
it's not possible to compile it with the default size for the data
segment (128MB on NetBSD 1.6.2) :-/. Maybe you have a similar problem on
Solaris?
You could set 'ulimit -d unlimited' (sh syntax, 'limit datasize
unlimited' for csh) and try again.

ciao
     Klaus