Subject: Error caused by recent change to in libnbcompat
To: None <>
From: Eric Boutilier <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2005 02:23:53
Regarding the following change to the file

   bits: bits.c
           $(COMPILE) $(DEFS) -c $<
           $(LINK) bits.o

I guess Solaris isn't happy with that syntax. When I try to bootstrap
now, it fails with this error:

   checking whether optind is declared... yes
   checking whether optreset is declared... no
   updating cache config.cache
   configure: creating ./config.status
   config.status: creating Makefile
   config.status: creating nbcompat/config.h
   gcc  -I. -I.  -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
   gcc: no input files
   *** Error code 1
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bits'
   ===> exited with status 1

I'm quite sure I have everthing else on the system configured the same
as the last time I successfully bootstrapped.

Here's my path:

The gcc I'm using to bootstrap is /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. (It's
the one that's now bundled with Solaris)