Subject: Re: lang/perl58 build fails in AIX 5.3, ideas on how to fix.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2005 07:09:29
And after all that, I forget to include the actual
build error.  Here it is:

gcc -o libperl.a -H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE
-bE:perl.exp -b noentry  -L /usr/pkg/lib   -Wl,-brtl
-Wl,-bdynamic -Wl,-bmaxdata:0x80000000 -L/usr/pkg/lib
-Wl,-b32 -lbind -lnsl -ldl -lld -lm -lcrypt -lpthreads
-lc -lbsd perl.o  gv.o toke.o perly.o op.o pad.o
regcomp.o dump.o util.o mg.o reentr.o hv.o av.o run.o
pp_hot.o sv.o pp.o scope.o pp_ctl.o pp_sys.o doop.o
doio.o regexec.o utf8.o taint.o deb.o universal.o
xsutils.o globals.o perlio.o perlapi.o numeric.o
locale.o pp_pack.o pp_sort.o  -lbind -lnsl -ldl -lld
-lm -lcrypt -lpthreads -lc -lbsdgcc:
`-b' must come at the start of the command line
*** Error code 1
1 error
bmake: stopped in
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/perl58/work/perl-5.8.6