Subject: lang/perl58 build fails in AIX 5.3, ideas on how to fix.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2005 06:53:28
Hello, I'm attempting to build lang/perl58 on AIX 5.3
with gcc 3.4.3.  The build fails with the following:

The problem appears to be that some linker flags are
getting passed to gcc without a preceeding "-Wl,".
For example, instead of "-bnoentry", I believe this
should be passed to gcc as "-Wl,-bnoentry" as to not
confuse AIX's linker.

Actually, I believe this to be correct in all cases
where we pass linker flags to gcc on AIX.

So, is there a way to make sure that all linker flags
get passed with a preceeding "-Wl,"?

Again, I'm very new to all this, so if I'm missing
something critical, please let me know.

-Peter Schmiedeskamp