Subject: how to avoid multiple instances of packages while usind pkgsrc as
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Moritz Eysholdt <Moritz.Eysholdt@mail.uni-oldenburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2005 00:46:10
Hi,

im trying to use pkgsrc to set up apache, php, subversion and some more
tools on an
FreeBSD 5.3  box as an non-root-user. Thanks to Hubert Feyrer's mk.conf
everything seems to work fine at the beginning...

but, do i realy have to install all the packages again in my own
pkg-environment that are already present in the system (installed by
root)? I'm talking about gettext, perl, expat, python etc.
Is there any way to tell pkgsrc that thesese packages are already
installed and could be used to solve dependencies?

i'd be glad for advices...

Moritz