Subject: Re: pkg_select updates
To: iMil <>
From: Mark Kirby <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/17/2005 12:36:56
On Thursday 17 February 2005 12:02, iMil wrote:
> Hi,
> i've made some important addons / changes to pkg_select, among them :
> . installed packages administration
> . dependencies browsing
> . partial Makefile includes handling
> . PKG_DBDIR and PKGSRCDIR env. variables handling
> . manpage
> . various cosmetic changes, like scrollbar, popups, info messages etc..
> next step, along with bugfixes, will be to import Peter Postma's pkgfind
> code into pkg_select so it can make pkgsrc full search.
> Of course i really need some testing, so if you have some minutes, feel
> free to cvs -d co pkg_select
> Any suggestions are very welcome
> Thanks

Just tried it out. All i can say is wow. It's very easy to use and very easy
to navigate through the pkgsrc tree. Excellent job.

I have two questions.

1) what does a star next to a package name mean?
    Does it mean that package is installed.

2) How seperate is the gui from the rest of the program?
    I would be happy to write a QT/KDE version either as a standalone program
    or integrated into KDE's package manager (KPackage)

Keep up the good work.