Subject: Re: editors/pico on OpenBSD
To: Pierre-Philipp Braun <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/16/2005 08:15:36
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:

> > Note: I added shlib_dirs=/usr/pkg/lib to /etc/rc.conf.local and executed
> > 'ldconfig' (OpenBSD).
> ldconfig /usr/pkg/lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/X11R6/lib
> even

Software built with pkgsrc should not need any ldconfig used nor any
run-time link cache. We try to make sure that the correct path to needed
shared libraries is listed in the RPATH of the binaries' headers.

The one problem I do encounter is that on different operating systems
XFree86 and Xorg set this differently (because on Linux they assume that is used for /usr/X11R6).

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your problem.
You may want to send-pr it.

Take care,

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links