Subject: Re: pkgtools/libnbcompat/inplace.mk uses wrong CC
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/16/2005 12:27:31
--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:47:19AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I also see that CC is defined twice in my debug output. The second time is
> from the CONFIGURE_ENV which is defined from the ALL_ENV which has the
> wrong CC=3Dgcc. (It should be CC=3D/usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/gcc/.)
>=20
> loonquawl:/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install$ grep ^CC /etc/mk.conf
> CC=3D             /usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/gcc
>=20
>=20
> loonquawl:/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install$ /usr/pkg/bin/bmake show-var V=
ARNAME=3DCC
> /usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/gcc
>=20
> loonquawl:/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install$ /usr/pkg/bin/bmake show-var V=
ARNAME=3DCONFIGURE_ENV | xargs -n 1 echo | grep ^CC
> CC=3D/usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/gcc
>=20
> The CC above is correct, but when building libnbcompat, it is just
> "CC=3Dgcc".

that behaviour is correct, afaik. after having built libnbcompat a
bunch of times testing icc, I have a recent datapoint to add. I have:

PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dicc
CC=3D/opt/intel_cc_80/bin/cc

in mk.conf, and make reports that CC=3Dicc when building pkg_install and
libnbcompat.

/opt/intel_cc_80/bin is not in my $PATH, and I definitely get the
toolchain wrappers in both .wrapper and .icc after running "make
wrapper".

what is the actual issue? are the wrappers not being created for you?

grant.

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--