Subject: Re: pkg_info & search of current directory prevention
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/11/2005 20:38:54
--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 12:10:47PM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I can't remember why I implemented it with the -. switch, your way is
> cleaner.
> =20
> FWIW, you forgot to modify the manual pages, and the accompanying
> documentation, such as the pkgsrc guide.  There are also some other
> changes which would be necessary, like pkg_chk:
>=20
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2005/02/09/0018.html

I've left pkg_chk for the moment because I did not bump PKGTOOLS_REQD,
and I didn't want to break existing installations. after the next
branch and PKGTOOLS_REQD bump, it can probably go.

I couldn't see any mention of the -. flag in the pkgsrc guide, so I
left that, too. :)

grant.

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--