Subject: Re: Problems building a binary package of firefox-gtk2
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/11/2005 03:08:12
[ On Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 18:00:44 (-0800), Jeremy C. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Problems building a binary package of firefox-gtk2
>
> > +@comment NOT BUILT: lib/${MOZILLA}/res/fonts/fontEncoding.properties
>
> But why was it not built?
>
> I have it on my NetBSD and Linux systems.

Perhaps someone more knowledgable of Mozilla things can say what it's
good for in the first place.

I don't miss it at all on my NetBSD systems.  :-)

Note thta the way these mozilla things install themselves leads to
possible cross-platform confusion, so I should point out that I found it
missing when I first built firefox-gtk2 on alpha, and now since I've
built it on i386 I can't tell whether the file's not there because I
edited the PLIST, or because it wasn't built.

I.e. the PLIST should never ever be used to drive the install -- it
there to record the install and/or to verify the install.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>