Subject: Re: pkg_alternatives as a dependency, again
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 20:16:31
What if i really want to have two packages installed, which you think
should use pkg_alternatives?

And for you example:
  only pico is installed then nana will be installed afterwards.
  now, pico will point to nana, right?
  thats not what everyone wants.

I could construct the same thing for elm and mutt, where one would
really like to use elm even if mutt is also installed and elm is an
pkg_alternative.

Mailed to the list, because you use combined.njabl.org.

Bernd

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:56:40AM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Will whomever objected to pkg_alternatives as a dependency of
> alternatives-aware packages please contact me offlist?  I want to know what
> the objections are.
[..]