Subject: Re: pkg_delete "Executing" output
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 11:55:12
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:47:37AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>> 	Can we have a detailed logfile kep of all package installations
>> 	and removals? Maybe a /var/log/pkg directory with a main
>> 	logfile with one line per install/uninstall, and then one file
>> 	per package with full install/removal details of all versions
>> 	of that package?

While there that logfile with one line per install/uninstall could also
keep details on the fact if the pkg was installed via pkg_add/"make
install", or as dependency for something else. That way, we can easily
spot the pkgs that we really installed, in contrast to all the cruft that
came in uninvited. May be useful for upgrade scenarios.

IIRC gentoo has something similar to this.

  - Hubert