Subject: Re: lang/gcc3-c++ is still broken on Solaris
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 17:43:34
--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:56:33PM +0000, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:

> # uname -a
> SunOS usparc 5.10 s10_72 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
>=20
> Greetings, has anyone ever managed to build lang/gcc3-c++ on Solaris?=20
> I've noticed it has been broken for a long time now and I'm not a pkgsrc=
=20
> guru, so I don't know how to fix it. The problem is: half way through=20
> building gcc3-c++, it seems that configure script goes into infinite=20
> loop and keeps running the same tests over and over again.
>=20
> I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue,=
=20
> as it would be extremely nice to have GNU C++ compiler on Solaris via=20
> pkgsrc.

I recently built gcc3-c++ on Solaris 9 with an external gcc without
any problems:

# pkg_info | grep gcc
gcc3-c-3.3.4        GNU Compiler Collection, v3 - C compiler
gcc3-c++-3.3.4      GNU Compiler Collection, v3 - C++ compiler
gcc3-f77-3.3.4      GNU Compiler Collection, v3 - F77 compiler

# pkg_info -B gcc3-c++ | grep -i CC_VERSION
CC_VERSION=3Dgcc-3.3.4

I have previously built it using SunPro without any problems, too. I
don't know if this is specific to Solaris 10 -- it may be.

could you send-pr(1) this, and include the build output fragment that
loops?

grant.

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr--