Subject: Re: pkg_delete "Executing" output
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 00:30:04
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Matthias Buelow wrote:

> Well.. then redirect stdout into /dev/null.

Which means that I then lose warning messages.

> I would find it highly useful to be able to discern if pkg_add just
> hangs, or is downloading packages, without having to enable the
> verbose debug output.

So let's add a flag to make it only somewhat verbose, then.

Everybody has different things he wants to see at different times.
That's why no output when there are no problems is the best default.
People can enable just what they need, rather than being forced to pipe
output through grep to get rid of what they don't need (which is quite
error-prone, as well as inconvenient).

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
      Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA