Subject: problem with bin packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Price <dprice@cs.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/08/2005 13:25:23
Hello,
 	On NetBSD 2.0, all packages with a .bin EXTRACT_SUFX are not
extracting properly for me.  The file permissions on the bins are 755, and
I can successfully extract them manually by doing ./<filename> .  The
error message I get is when trying to make a package such as
sun-jre13 is:
/usr/local/NetBSD/pkgsrc/distfiles/All/j2re-1_3_1_13-linux-i586.bin:
permission denied

Which is the same error I get when I try typing just
/usr/local/NetBSD/pkgsrc/distfiles/All/j2re-1_3_1_13-linux-i586.bin,
without the ./

Can anyone give me any tips on where I should start looking for problems?

Thanks in advance,
David Price