Subject: Re: ffmpeg and libmpeg3 builds fail
To: borghart steffen <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2005 16:56:52
I didn't see any reply.

> libmpeg3 fails to build with:
> gcc -c `./c_flags`  mpeg3ifo.c -o work/mpeg3ifo.o
> mpeg3ifo.c:7:24: sys/endian.h: No such file or directory
> mpeg3ifo.c:8:27: machine/bswap.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [work/mpeg3ifo.o] Error 1

I am surprised you didn't hit the error with the linux/cdrom.h before that
too. The libmpeg3 package has several patches that remove the Linux
support. I have updated to libmpeg3-1.5.4 in my personal pkgsrc, but I am
still testing. There is no maintainer for this libmpeg3 package. I noticed
these problems because I wanted to install transcode.

As for your ffmpeg issues, please see my PR pkg/28915: ffmpeg on Linux
needs -ldl.
(ffmpeg also has problems with ffplay under Linux and NetBSD-reference in

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links