Subject: Re: gtk2 built twice?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2005 10:28:20
Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 03:10:05PM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
>>No; this is because some libtool "magic".  When it tries to install the
>>libraries, it detects such situation and relinks them.
>

> You mean "mis-detects" - can we fix it anyway?

No, there is no mis-detection.  The shared libraries in the build
directory are linked in such a way that (libtool-linked) uninstalled
executables can be run that are linked against the (libtool-linked)
uninstalled shared libraries.  This is done by embedding the build
directory into the runtime library search paths for all of the
libtool-linked objects.  When we install the shared libraries and any
applications linked against them, they must be relinked to have the
correct runtime library search path.

This is normal libtool behavior.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>