Subject: ImageMagick, libwmf, and xpm
To: None <>
From: John Klos <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2005 15:20:08

I just noticed that ImageMagick now requires X11. Is this necessary? I
don't remember it being required in the past.

ImageMagick has as a dependency libwmf. libwmf includes
../../graphics/xpm/ xpm wasn't built or installed on my 2.0
system when I installed ImageMagick, but on a 1.6.2 system, it gave
security issues for xpm when it started trying to compile it.

I've removed the ../../graphics/xpm/ includes in libwmf, and
it's built just fine. Since there are so many security problems with xpm,
should I just commit the changes to libwmf?